Quick Links


Welcome to our new blog! Here is where we will be sharing needs of the homeless and less fortunate, stories of hope and inspiration and updates on volunteer and support needs for Ruth's Heart. We hope you will follow and share our blog with others as we seek to serve our neighbors and friends on the streets of Memphis.

Monday, June 30, 2014

It's not just a car...it's a home

Yesterday we met a woman, 61 years old that lives in her car behind a drug store. She has been on a waiting list for housing for over 14 months. The drug store manager lets her stay there and let's her come into the store and freshen up whenever she needs to. I met with her, spent some time walking and talking and as we were walking back to her car she was telling me all about her car and the things she had done to it and the things she wanted to do like replace the ragtop with a different color, replace the luggage rack, etc. at first I thought wow she really loves that car...then I remembered it's not just her car, it's her home...and don't we all tend to tell out friends that visit out home all the things we plan to do? This lady is so lovely and she spent time telling me about all of the "blessings" in her life and the people and churches that bless her with her daily needs like food and water, use of the restroom, microwave, etc. She would say "oh that church blesses me by...and that store blesses me by...and that person blessed me with...

Please join us in praying for her today that she finds housing soon, she is truly an inspiration and all that I "hope" I would be in her situation.

1 John 4:7-8
7Let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born if God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment